Monday, August 31, 2009

A Lazy Weekend Afternoon


I kind of think this is inappropriate to put out here. It gets at something I think is hard for us all to look at. It's not like I'm trying to show you what happens on the butcher floor, but sometimes I feel this is the best stuff to write about. It gives what we are having a hard time understanding a place to get grounded, to find solace in, and that someone else hears these words, can see them as they get written on the page, brings peace in a way that I cannot imagine any other way to replace. It also gets at how generalizing 'everybody' doesn't mean anything close to the world's population of 6+ billion people, when it's really just one, or two, maybe three people. Also, I think this description is a little international/intercultural reasoning. Sorry for the confusion, but hopefully you get the gist.

Why is everybody so
mad at me?

Why is everybody giving
me those looks?

Those looks have [italics for cursive]
nothing to do with
anger, their looks do
not state how people
feel about you, and
besides, everybody is not
two or three people.

YA, BUT THERE'S AN UNDER-
LYING CURRENT THAT WEA-
VES IT'S WAY AROUND
AND, UNBOUNDED, FINDS
IT'S WAY TOWARDS YOUR
TOWN OF SURROUND SOUND
PROVOKING FEAR AS YOU
STAND ON THE GROUND.

Why is everybody mad at
me, why is everybody
giving me those looks?

THE DISHES AIN'T GOING
TO DO THEMSELVES...



No comments:

Post a Comment