Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Heart is a Window to Your Soul - unknown


A view of the composter, fence, and garden outside our window. The little white box is our beehive that we are going to need to add another level to soon.

Perplexed to make
checks I come
flex to go and
figure - the sinew
in my right leg and itchy
left foot come together
to make a mute point
in my swollen and
inflamed sinuses and
right nostril that is
slowly squelching oxygen
from reaching the
right side of my
head -THAT I CAN
FEEL is something left
to be said.

I wrote this some time ago when I was feeling these symptoms, attempting to understand what was happening to me, and trying to highlight what, of these symptoms, I was glad to have. That I could feel them was a great comfort because, atleast, I wasn't unaware as I'm so afraid of being when I get older. I'm not sure if that means that the older I get, the less I will feel, but I can see that awareness is connected to feeling. I can also see that connection being interrupted by all sorts of possible causes.

What has been unfolding, both before and after writing this, was a great lesson. It showed me what fruits are good for respiratory problems, what's good for itchy feet, what is helpful for sinews under a lot of stress and tension, and finally how to keep that blood pumping to my brain. In short-cantalopue, pears, sumac & birch leaves, coffee is not something 'for intake', and, for God's sake, the tobacco road is a driveway that you don't ever have to take before the great walk down the spirit road.

No comments:

Post a Comment